With all the technology we have today we seem to spending less and less time in the outside world and rather go to the easy alternatives when it comes to dating i.e dating sites. Now although it seems a lot of people who tend to live in the cities or just simply have too much work to deal with have a hard time when it comes to finding a date, so thanks to the internet which can be found anywhere we have one less thing to worry about, but is the internet as helpful as we think or is the good old fashion way the best way to meet someone???
I myself think there is two ways to see it and of course different things works for different people. I have always found it better to meet people face to face whether is is at work, college, randomly etc but then again i consider myself as a friendly person who finds it easy to talk to others but most people around me tends to be more reserved and shy hence why online dating will be good for them but i having a feeling it will make them more reserved considering the amount of weird people you might come across and that might put you off more then help you to be more expressive and open to talk to someone face to face.
There are a few pros and cons to both online dating and the old fashion method when it comes to meeting people. Again these are my opinions and everyone works different to each option but i will list the most common ones.
ONLINE DATING PROS
- You can outline your whole personal self and list things you like and dislike making the other person get to know you a bit more before they message you.
- You can have conversations though messages to get to know each other more before you arrange a date
- Questioners can help you find your closet match.
- Location GPS can help you find people around your area
- Allows you to talk to people more easily if you are shy person
- Easily list the things you are looking for with that person i.e friends, casual, long term etc
- Some are free sites
ONLINE DATING CONS
- People will lie. About 30% or more will have lied once on their profile
- People will use pictures that are at least 10 or even 20 years different to what they look like now
- Scamers and fake profiles
- People being unrealistic on what they are looking for. Note i really don’t think Halley Berry or Brad Pitt will be joining a dating site soon XD
- People messing about or not too sure or keep changing their minds. Time wasters.
- People being weird, asking you for sex (unless you actually say on your profile that’s what you want), people wanting a very serious relationship even though you make it clear your not, people getting upset if you don’t reply back straight away thinking your have moved on.
- People being more reserved when it comes to the outside world so talking less and less.
- Can be pricey to have full access on the site
- People using the same pick up lines, gets repetitive after a while especially if you get 50 messages per day saying the same thing.
OLD FASHION WAY TO MEET PEOPLE PROS
- You see them face to face in the flesh!!!! No Photoshopped pics no editing just right there BAM!!!! lol
- You can read their body language and hear the way they speak
- If your like me and like to tell jokes then its funnier to say it to the person then type it especially if the joke has an accent loool
- Your actually speaking to the person face to face and not behind a screen copy and pasting answers from google to sound more intelligent haha
OLD FASHION WAY TO MEET PEOPLE CONS
- They might reject you one the spot but then again that part of life
- Yes they can lie about themselves but its up to you to read it off their body language
- If you meet them in a club then 2 things. They might not look as great in the daylight the next day or they just want a beat and delete haha
- They might want a beat and delete anyways
- If you don’t have the confidence then it might be tricky
Anyways that’s just my opinion. I know someone who has met a wonderful guy from the internet and now they are together for 3 nearly 3 years 😀 so i guess it just depends the person really. Not being sexist or anything but it seem online dating works better for gays or lesbians. Why you ask?? Well from previous experience i have heard from other people and friends gays and lesbians seem to be more clear on what they want and they never seem to have a problem for meeting people whether its causal, long term etc. Whereas straight people do??? I don’t know why but men and women meeting online seem to have a bit of on and off situation whether is what is the purpose of meeting and always changing their minds etc. Gay and lesbians on the other hand just gets down to business of course sometimes you might come across few who are a bit fussy but not as much as straight people. That’s just my observation anyways.
- ‘H-Date.com’ and other STD-specific dating sites on the rise with singles (pix11.com)
- Go Natural with Online Naturist Dating (prweb.com)
- Vulnerability when Dating Online (Part 1) (kaylenloves.wordpress.com)
- Nice Guys Do It, Too! (pharmacyupdates.wordpress.com)
- Online Dating Sites About European Christian Singles Dating Sites (thewideworldofonlysinglechristians.wordpress.com)
- Statistics speak louder than words: Online dating (sexpertguru.wordpress.com)
- How To Find The Best Online Dating Sites Sites. (jfnamnnik.wordpress.com)